OMGWTFBBQ Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OMGWTFBBQ Guild

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonjajade
Admin
Sonjajade

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Jesus I just wrote all this and it didn't save it so I have to write it again!! Dammit!!

OK. I transferred Vixenne over to Arthas, a PVP server, to play with a friend of mine from high school, and to be able to some serious hardcore raiding on a not main toon. My friend's toon's name is Parch. he is a tanking DK. Anyway, I was telling him about our tiny guild and he said that if we all wanted to come over that'd be great because they really are looking for more players. They have plenty of toons, but not enough players so that they don't have to pug raids. So this is what I'd like for us to do: Walt and Frank have some low toons over there right now, getting a feel for the guild and seeing if this is something they want to be a part of. I suggest you do this as well before agreeing to transfer a higher level character over. I want you to know we will all have raiding opportunities. And I also wanted to share this email that Parch sent me, and to pass along his email address if you have any questions. His email address is: chrisparker@kenmarkoptical.com

Quote :
Tell your guildmates that they can send me e-mails here or msg me in game if they have any questions, or if they need some convincing.

We do the following guild runs:

Thursday - Obsidian Sanctum 10-man.

Starts at 9:00 pm

We don’t leave any dragons up, but we’ve attempted it before. If it weren’t for noobs in our raids, we might be able to do it.

When we don’t attempt it with any drakes up, we normally don’t wipe and it’s over in like and hour, hour and a half.

Sometimes afterwards we’ll do VoA 10 after that depending on whether we have wintergrasp or not, and what time it is.

Friday – Naxxaramas 10-man.

Starts at 9:00 pm

What quarters we do in naxx depends on who is in the group. If we know we have a weak group we’ll knock out military wing and spider wing with no wipes.

If we have a good group, we’ll do military, then plague

If we have a good group with some reliable ranged dps, we sometimes clear all 4 wings.

We’ve done all 4 wings before, but there are 2 bosses after that. We haven’t been able to get a group together between Saturday and Monday to attempt those 2, yet. We won’t even try without a decent group. Hopefully with the addition of your guildmates we can continue on and get some of this stuff cleared, finally.

Wednesday – Classic Raids

Ahh, classic raids. This is when we take the time to get a bunch of guildies together and we go and demolish a classic raid. Last week we did AQ40. That was a lot of fun! We all got BUG MOUNTS! Of course you can only ride them in AQ, but it’s still cool as shit.

We normally do ZG, though. there are 2 mounts that drop in there. That gives the 80’s a reason to go. Last time we went there, me and our resto druid 2-manned hakkar. Everyone else died pretty quick… because he mind controlled me and I wtfpwned everyone. Lol!

We do take suggestions for classic raids, though. we haven’t done MC, because I’m not going in there without a large group of people. It’ll take too long. I don’t know if you remember, a LOT of the mobs in there take 40 man raids at lvl 60 like 5 mins a piece to take down. They’re like boss encounters lol

Besides those events, we run heroics almost every day. maybe not as a guild but generally 2 or 3 people will grab a couple pugs and go at it. We’ve done every heroic… in fact a bunch of us have the drake from defeating the timed event in the Culling of Stratholme.

So… there’s some stuff that you can tell your guildies about how we roll. And, as you saw it is very informal. In fact a lot of people from other guilds raid only with us because we are always cutting up and chatting and stuff in vent while we raid naxx. VERY laid back.

he also sends this:
Quote :
Bring them ALL over. we don’t have quotas on classes. However the more of a class signs up for a raid… the less likely a single person is to get in.

But like I said… we try to get everyone in on everything. If we can’t then a lot of us will sit out. For example, stormie is sitting out of Naxx this week so that another tank can get their time in OTing. He gets nothing from sitting out. He’s doing it because he’s a good guy, and he wants EVERYone to be able to get gear.

If we get a bunch more 80’s to come over we’ll start doing Ulduar again.

The only stipulation to membership is NO DRAMA. Save the drama for your momma. We have fun playing the GAME, and socializing with one another.

Let me know what you guys want to do. If Cliff and Tony would like to make a lowbie as well, I will have the hookup for you. My name there is Vixxenne, and I have a 30 warrior named Omeeka. I know it's asking alot for you to transfer a toon. I don't expect you to want to do this and understand if you don't. You guys are not under any obligations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/omeekajade
Sonjajade
Admin
Sonjajade

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Quote :
Also… to sell them on the idea of a PvP server, we can resart our weekly horde raids. We used to get a group together and just go and OWN a horde town for like an hour. Like hammerfall in arathi, or the horde town in ashenvale. Hell with a few 80’s we could go after the horde town in southshore and make THAT a PvP zone again!

Quote :
Also…… I forgot to mention that a bunch of us get together and go on “mount runs”. We do the 2 ZG bosses if we didn’t do them in the classic raids, or if you didn’t go… we also go in and smash the first boss of karazhan, and then we do sunwell. Cause the last boss there drops a phoenix hatchling and the chocobo mount. (the hawkstrider)

That run is always a lot of fun.

Oh and all of our guild runs are roll if you need it. Main spec first, then offspec if no one needs it. So EVERYONE has a chance of getting what drops

band
Back to top Go down
JaguarWACO

JaguarWACO

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 pm

I only glanced over this post. It looks fine and dandy, but the only thing that kinda gets me is he calls his own guild members the dreaded NOOB name.
Back to top Go down
Sonjajade
Admin
Sonjajade

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:19 pm

the "noobs" refer to verified ebay players. They bought their toon off ebay and have no idea how to play it.
Back to top Go down
JaguarWACO

JaguarWACO

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:22 pm

oh, ok. Then everything else is cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ   Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Meeting (sorta) PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1